Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Niek Otten Niek Otten is offline

Default Code only runs once

Hi Kent,

Difficult and, to be honest, a bit frustrating too, if one tries to help and
gets no information.
This isn't your code, this is part of your code. You didn't answer my
question about how you know the code doesn't work.
Please give all info and tell us what you do, what your data is, what you
think should happen and what happens instead.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Kent" wrote in message
The code is:
ActiveCell.Value = Str1
ActiveCell.Select
Selection.TextToColumns Destination:=ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1),
DataType:=xlDelimited, _
TextQualifier:=xlDoubleQuote, ConsecutiveDelimiter:=True,
Tab:=True, _
Semicolon:=False, Comma:=False, Space:=True, Other:=False,
FieldInfo _
:=Array(1, 1), TrailingMinusNumbers:=True

where "Str1" is a string coming by COM1.
As mentioned the procedure runs once. If I restart Excel it works again.
Is
there some variable in the memory which shoulf be removed? And how?

"Niek Otten" skrev:

What is your code?
What do you mean by "does not work any longer"? how do you notice that?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Kent" wrote in message
I have code which take ACTIVECELL.SELECT and SELECTION.TEXTTOCOLUMNS to
have
an text string pasted to columns. When the code had run once, it does
not
work any longer. Can anybody give some help, so I have the code running
also
after several inputs ?
Thanks