Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Curt Curt is offline

Default Create a button to Save As the workbook

can you tell me why it saves then opens file it saved. works good but i need
to reopen file itwas saved from. have many formulas that need to be used.can
we copy the woorkbook as a file and then do the other code I have in my
existing woorkbook? this sets the woorkbookand sheets for next year.
Any help appreciated
Thanks Curt

"Rowan Drummond" wrote:

Try:

Sub SaveAs()
Dim flname As String
Dim fullName As Variant
Dim filter As String
flname = "SaveName"
filter = "Excel Files (*.xls), *.xls"
fullName = Application.GetSaveAsFilename(flname, filter, , "MyFile")
If fullName < False Then
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
ThisWorkbook.SaveAs fullName
Application.DisplayAlerts = True

Hope this helps
Rowan

Helen wrote:
Hi,

I would like to create a button that opens the Save As command - if
possible?

Thanks,

Helen