Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Steel Monkey[_2_] Steel Monkey[_2_] is offline

Default Paste if criteria met

Hi All,

Was wondering if anyone could help. I have a spreadhsheet with about
200 entries on a worksheet called 'data' that would be updated daily.
In the first 4 columns each row has a '1', '2', 'REF', 'NV' or it is
blank.

How would i get each row with '1','2','REF'or 'NV' in the first 4
columns to be transferred to a seperate sheet(ie Sheet1, Sheet2,
SheetREF, SheetNV) and have the entries with nothing in the first 5
columns not get copied. I also need the entries that are copied to stay
in the data worksheet. This 'data' worksheet would be updated every day
and i would need to transfer the data across to the corresponding
sheets every day when a button is clicked on
I have tried everything in my limited excel arsenal with no
luck(extremely frustrating!), if anyone could help that would be
brilliant!

I have attached a picture of how the data sheet would look(simplified)

|Filename: sheet.JPG |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4061 |

Steel Monkey
Steel Monkey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29051