Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Break up strings into separate cells

You can do it in a loop, but it'll be quicker/easier to use Data|Text to
columns.

Try recording a macro when you select the range and do the data|text to columns.

You're code will be pretty much done.

If you need to tweak it, post back with what you have.

Ps. A lot of people (me included) find all caps very difficult to read. If you
have to post without upper/lower, can you use all lower case?

al007 wrote:

HOW CAN I LOOP IN THE CELL TO GET THE NUMBERS OF CHARACTERS & GET A
MACRO TO DO IT IN ONE GO INSTEAD OF CLICKING

THXS

JMay wrote:
You can use Data, Text to Columns;
Fixed Length
Click behind each of your characters;
Done.

"al007" wrote in message
oups.com...
What code do I need to split Id Numbers & characters in separate cells?
eg
V080779382799E
how can I have V in a separate cell, 0 in cell next to it, 8 in next
cell to the right and so on

thxs

--

Dave Peterson