4rs

Default Excel should not delete document after trying to send email

I agree with you... it would be much safer if Outlook or
Outlook Express opened an attachment in a second copy
of Excel. That way when you close the window, and it
asks if you want to save, and you click "no", you won't
lose the work you did in the other excel file you had
open prior to opening the attachment. I mess up and
do this ALL THE TIME. I cannot break the habit of hitting
the "no" when it asks to save, because my mind is thinking
about the attachment I just opened.

"ffwmusic" wrote:

After clicking send document via Email accidentally, I clicked the close
button. I didn't want to send the document, I wanted to preview the layout.
In other words I clicked the wrong button. When asked if I wanted to save
the file, I figured it was speaking of the email. So, I click no and the
document closes completely. I worked on this document for 3 hours, yes I
realize I should have saved it by then but I was not closing the Excel file,
or so I thought, I was closing an Email message. Outlook should open the
document in a new window. Not in the current excel file. Is there any way
to prevent this from happening again? Is there anyway to recover the file?
Please........