Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Catie79 Catie79 is offline

Default macro to create a pivot table

I have seen some answers to this question, but my problem is so simple that I
can't seem to make it work. :-) I have a sheet with about ten columns of
data. I need to create a pivot table with Salesrep as the row field and
Grossamount as the data field. I want to save this pivot table to a sheet
called AcqPivot in the same workbook (AcqReport) and rewrite the old table.
It's so simple that I wouldn't even bother with a macro if I didn't have to
do this several times a day. I've tried several approaches, many from this
site, all with different errors. I believe I am making this too complicated.
I tried recording, no dice, I tried some code samples, but I can't seem to
make it simple enough without breaking something. I'm on Excel 2003. Any
suggestions for sites with reliable code suggestions, examples, or tips would
be very much appreciated.