Posted to microsoft.public.access,microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.word.vba
Jay Petrulis[_2_] Jay Petrulis[_2_] is offline

Default PLEASE READ IF YOU PROGRAM: Help Continue Visual Basic

wrote:
it's kinda in between.. doesn't really store them; it doesn't really
generate them on the fly.
kinda does both. and it's lighting fast.. i mean.. WOW

well technically; you can specify which percentage of aggregates to
store; and then you can store them in multiple formats; relationally or
in memory..

it's kinda crazy to think about relational - olap - relational
but it really really is a beautiful solution for some things. i mean..
the bottom line is that it's about 10 times more powerful than your
traditional, girly-man pivotTables.

it's kinda like what you do with offline cubes-- from excel generate
some client side cubes-- but it's a lot more hierarchial than that.. i
mean. .it gives Excel REAL drilldown.

i just think that it's insanity to claim that Excel is more powerful
than SQL. I mean-- TSQL is just plain faster and more powerful than
VBA. Any way you look at it.

i mean...WOW

it's kinda like when someone asks you to do something and you don't
have a clue how to do it and you evade the question in the
non-responses.

i think its just insanity that people use Excel for tasks that it is
already designed to do. i mean ... seriously if you were going to type
a letter you would use Access. No girly man Word. Eck, gag me with a
spoon. You write the same letter every week. A database can do it a
lot faster. I can spam a million letters a day. Use a database kid.

Uh, I only have to write one letter.

go play in the sandbox. get real grow up and get away from that pen
and paper crap.

Aaron, any way you try to spin it, you are a clown. Stop going off on
tangents. Harlan's responses provide details and specifics in YOUR
CLAIMED AREA OF EXPERTISE while yours are just badly written idiotic
rants. You cannot respond intelligently at all.