Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Andy Pope Andy Pope is offline

Default Macro for Range Names

Possible typo of Count.

Set rng = Range("C11", Cells(Rows.Count, "C").End(xlUp))

Bob, your fingers must bleed with the number of post you do each day ;)

Cheers
Andy

SamDev wrote:
I get an error message when I tried that - I must be missing something -

"object doesn't support this property or method"

Set rng = Range("C11", Cells(Rows.FCount, "C").End(xlUp))
rng.Name = data

Above is what I set tried - C11 is the starting point and name for the range
is "data".

Thx

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message

I don't know where the range is, but something akin to this should work

Set rng = Range("C2",Cells(Rows.FCount,"C").End(xlUp))
rng.Name = 2myRange"

--

HTH

RP

"SamDev" wrote in message
m...

I need to create a macro that will create a range name - I'm OK to do
that
but my issues is each month the range name's "range" changes. I have set

it

up so each month the original range name is deleted and a new one created
that covers the additional rows of data. The starting cell (row/column)

and

the number of columns stays the same, it's just the number of rows that
change. I know there are ways to count the number of rows but not sure
how
it set this up with the range name - any help would be appreciated.

Thx.

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info