Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rowan Drummond[_3_] Rowan Drummond[_3_] is offline

Default Selecting an initial directory

I think you still need to use API or Shell commands. See:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/BrowseFolder.htm

Hope this helps
Rowan

RWN wrote:
xl2kPro
I'm looking for a "short" function that will allow the user to select an initial
directory.
My utility will then loop through the directory and subdirectories picking off specific
filenames (common extensions).
I have no problem with the second part (using the "Application.FileSearch") but cannot
find a function that will allow a box to popup for the initial directory selection.
I know I can "Slice/Dice" the directory name from a "GetOpenFileNames" function but that
requires a file to exist in the directory, which may/will not always be the case.
I could write my own routine to do this but was hoping for an "easier" way-in the deep
dark (*very*) distant past I remember having to do this via an API call.

Any suggestions, I've reached the end of the object browser!