Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Vic Eldridge[_3_] Vic Eldridge[_3_] is offline

Default Recalculation Done event?

Hi Lavneet,

Perhaps you could go by what's written in Excel's status bar.

If Left(Application.Statusbar,18) = "Calculating Cells:" then
'still calculating
End If

Although I'm not sure if you'll be able to access the property while the
workbook is busy calculating.

Regards,
Vic Eldridge

"Lavneet Singh" wrote:

Hi,

Thanks Leith Ross and Ian for your replies.

Ian: The recalculation could be triggered externally (by user, for
example) too. In such a case, is there a way to find if recalculation
is done?

Leith Ross: The application in question uses COM via .net interop (C#)
that basically uses Excel APIs directly. We aren't listening to window
message loop. Sorry for using a potentially misleading word
('hooked').

Thanks,
Lavneet.

--