KL

if total hours number is in [A1], then try this:

1) for normal rounding

=ROUND(A1/8/0.25,0)*0.25

2) for rounding up (which is what your example suggests)

=ROUNDUP(A1/8/0.25,0)*0.25
=CEILING(A1/8/0.25,1)*0.25

3) for rounding down

=ROUNDDOWN(A1/8/0.25,0)*0.25
=INT(A1/8/0.25)*0.25
=TRUNC(A1/8/0.25)*0.25
=FLOOR(A1/8/0.25,1)*0.25

you can also use the MROUND function, which is part of the ATP (Analysis
ToolPack), but I never recommend those formulas for compatipility reasons.

Regards,
KL

"toastnbutter"
wrote in message
news:toastnbutter.1sm22a_1122102321.2141@excelforu m-nospam.com...

I am trying to find the best formula to demonstrate the length of time
it takes to perform tasks and then round them to quarter day
increments. For example, a task takes 10 hours to perform I need a
formula that will take the 10 hours and display 1.25 (assuming an 8
hour work day).

By the same token though if it is 10.5 hours it should roundup to 1.5
and not display 1.3.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
toastnbutter