Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Niek Otten Niek Otten is offline

Default Detect Prcentage Format in a Cell

Hi Chris,

Use the NumberFormat property,
like in
dbug.print[a1].numberformat

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Chris Gorham" wrote in message

I want to be able to detect the format of a formula or value in a cell and
particularly if it has percentage format.

I can't find a clever VBA statement to detect the cell format so I thought
about testing the cell value using "Instr" to see if the "%" was the last
character in the string. However when I write a VBA statement to test the
variable it restates the value of the cell from %'s to a decimal (e.g. 5%
becomes 0.05) thus eliminating the % sign I'm attempting to detect...

Ideas most welcome...Chris