Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ngarutoa ngarutoa is offline

Default Identifying and counting duplicates

Hello Tom,

Thanks for that

I can use pivot tables but was hoping that there was a way that I could use
code because will be using a sheet where the data will be imported and so
the range will be dynamic not static. Will be utilising pivot tables in the
short term. Until I can figure a way to get the queries working.

Thanks again

You should be able to do this with a pivot table. No code or formulas
required.

If you are not familiar with pivot tables, see Debra Dalgleish's site:
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Look under P .

"ngarutoa" wrote in message
m...
Any suggestions for the following would be appreciated

Have a workbook with columns of data as follows:

Date | Time | ID | Division | Consultant | Client ID | Problem |
Solution

Each column can have duplicates. So a client can have been contacted

multiple

times re the same problem by the same consultant, sometimes on the
same

day

Would like a code that

- can tell me how many and which clients have been contacted for the

Problem

"Crash". So if client no 7589 has had a crash should be counted as
one for the specified date range

- can tell me how many contacts all client have had in a specified
date

range

by the Problem reported.

TIA