Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
K Dales[_2_] K Dales[_2_] is offline

Default Finding a number in a list specificed on a worksheet

The syntax would be:
Dim OrderNoCell as Range
Set OrderNoCell = Worksheets("Pending Orders").Range("A:A").Find
What:=Worksheets("Order Review").Range("C1").Value, ...
--
- K Dales

"John Wood" wrote:

I've been trying to work this out by myself, to learn, but am running out of
time.

The project is, I have a customer order form that saves orders in a
worksheet named "Pending orders". The order number is always listed in
column A with the details to the left.

On another worksheet "Order Review", In cell C1,we enter the order number to
review data. When we are done reviewing the data, we hit a button to print a
series of reports.

The goal of this effort is to reference the order number in "Order Review"
cell C1, go back to "Pending Orders" read down column A to find the row the
order number is in, cut out the row (deleting the now empty row), and paste
the data into a new sheet (In-Process Orders) in the next empty row in column
A.

I am having trouble with the find function getting the "What" to reference
cell C1.

John