Fred Smith

What result did you get? Let us know so we can help you get what you want.

Fred
Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail

"bookman3" wrote in message
This should work in principle but I didn't get the expected result.
But anyway thanks for your help

Bookman
--
bookman

"Fred Smith" wrote:

You can use a combination of CUMIPMT and Goal Seek.

First, in, for example, a1, enter the formula:

=CUMIPMT(24%/12,a2,1000,1,a2,0)

When a2 has the correct term, this function will calculate the total interest
of
the loan. Use Goal Seek to vary a2 until a1 returns $268.91.

Fred
Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail

"bookman3" wrote in message
If I know the amount financed is $1,000 and the interest is $268.91 and the
interest rate is 24% and that is all I know, how do I work out the term of
the loan?
In this example the answer is 24months but I would like to know how to use
an excel function to achieve the result. I am assuming I don't know the
instalment

Regards
--
bookman