Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Norman Jones Norman Jones is offline

Default Counting occurences in sorted cells

Hi Andrew,

See Chip Pearson's page on counting and summing by colour at:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm

---
Regards,
Norman

"Andrew" wrote in message
Is there any way for me to sort data by the backround colour of the cell?
have hourly temperature data for a period of 10 years. I need to sort
this
data into temperature ranges, for example 5 - 10 F, 10 - 15 F, 15 - 20
F...
I also need to separate the data into weekdays, weekend days, week nights,
and weekend nights. I've colour coded the backround depending on the day
type.