Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Norman Jones Norman Jones is offline

Default Making excel functional on computers without excel???

Hi Billofsoo,

Your users would need either a copy of Excel or another programme capable of
reading/writing Excel files.

One example of such an alternative programme would be the Open Office suite
which is available as (60MB+) download at:

http://www.openoffice.org/

There is also a CD option.

---
Regards,
Norman

"billofsoo" wrote
in message ...

We have developed an excel based program for educators. The teacher
would enter test data into a table. The data is then represented in a
chart/graph showing a student profile. Depending on scores obtained,
text automatically appears below the chart/graph explaining the charted
results.

Question: Many of our schools do not have MSExcel software package. Is
there any way to program Excel, once loaded on a disk, to run and be
manipulated on a computer that does not have MS Excel programming
loaded? I once had a programmer develop an Access database that would
run on any computer regardless of whether it had Access installed. It
ran off the disk within the specific database program developed for me.

I am not sure if I have been clear enough in my explanation and
question. If you have a sense of what I am looking for, please respond.
I would appreciate any leads or will clarify if necessary.

Bill

--
billofsoo
billofsoo's Profile: