Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] werbitt@gmail.com is offline

Default ScreenUpdating stays TRUE no matter what?

First off, sorry for my previous convoluted posts and original
question. It is clear to me now that the flicker is being caused by
having this code called from the worksheet calculation event. My
question now is What is causing the calculation event. I think it may
be the if statements checking and comparing values of cells on this
sheet. If that is so, that is unfortunate as I am trying very hard to
have as few calculation events as possible. It also raises the
question of why does't the flicker continue indefinately, if the macro
causes a calc event, and is called when a calc event occurs, and that
is what causes the flicker.