Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Copying multiple items (searching)

Since you posted in programming, are you looking for a macro to do this (you
show a formula) or are you restricted to a worksheet formula. If a
worksheet formula, would you be interested in a custom function written in
VBA or do you only want to use built in functions.

If built in functions, what is the maximum number of items (AC-3 Access
Enforcement, is a single item) in the cell. What is the minimum number.

Tom Ogilvy

"lizardoflife"
wrote in message
news:lizardoflife.1ype4o_1132335603.6356@excelforu m-nospam.com...

How do I copy multiple items in a cell to another?

Example:

In cell K-244 I have the following information -
AC-3 Access Enforcement, IA-3 Device Identification and Authentication,
SC-7 Boundary Protection, SC-11 Trusted Path

In cell J-244 I need the result -
AC-3, IA-3, SC-7, SC-11

Right now I'm using the formula =LEFT(K241,SEARCH(" ",K241,1))
but this only returns the first iteration. AC-3 in my example above.

Lizardoflife

--
lizardoflife
lizardoflife's Profile: