Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Justin Justin is offline

Default exporting to excel

Need your assistance, hopefully for this last time

From the excel sheet, the new process is deleting all records that have a
comment
Talked to the boss of the dept and they do not like the idea

Wonder if you can help me.

I get the excel sheet, it has 14 columns, the last 3 being where the user
add comment, a drop down field and add's their ID.
Right now, if any of those 3 cells are missing from a row, it won't upload
(using office 2000).

1) the cells that are ID's and Comments should not be required when upload
2) if the drop down says "Logistic Asset Validated", then that row is to be
uploaded and deleted
3) if the drop down says "Barcode Identity Issue" or "Pending Research" or
"No Trouble found" or "Missed Issues", then it
will be uploaded BUT will still be visible and still have the ability to
modify their drop down.
4) if one day it says "Barcode Identity Issue" and the following day it was
changed to "No Trouble found", and i press upload
should have a YES/NO warning screen to tell user that file has been
uploaded again, do you want to replace, yes to replace,
no to just cancel and msg should be like no data has been uploaded
5) When user click on upload button, before uploading, it should check the
database for the same Unique Number (cell A in xcel and
unique number in access). if there is a new ID, upload, if same, give
warning.

I'm trying to make it idiot proof, please forgive me for asking all this
question. I do appreciate you helping me. Thanks