Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter Rooney Peter Rooney is offline

Default Working with options from within Tools Options clears the Clip

Tom,

Following your advice, I'm going to see if I can do a copy and paste special
in one go, as I've never done it before.
However, your other post about enableevents=false solved this problem
anyway, as since I'm now no longer running the window view changes. I don't
lose the contents of the clipboard!" :-)

Once again, thanks for your help

Pete

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

If you do them with no intermediate steps, then I am not sure how that
differentiates your situation from what I advised. I have never had any
trouble doing that (following my advice).

Tom Ogilvy

"Peter Rooney" wrote in message
Tom,

I agree, except that I'm not doing a straight pasts, trather I'm having to
do two paste specials, one for values and one for formats, so it's not

that
easy.

Thanks for your thoughts

Pete

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

In code and manually, it is best to do the copy and paste as one set of
actions with no intermediate actions.

As to why, I would imagine that Excel errs on the side of caution in
assuming that almost any action outside of pasting could change the
environment of what was copied.

Tom Ogilvy

"Peter Rooney" wrote in message
Good afternoon,

Can anyone tell me why when, if I copy something to the Clipboard,

then
try
to change a setting to something like scroll bars, worksheet tabs,

formula
bar etc, the clipboard empties?

This works in "normal" Excel, as well as VBA - do a copy, then select
"Tools" and "Options" from the menu, and the carousel line around the
selection disappears!

It's causing me MAJOR problems - I'm using 2003 on XP

Thanks

Pete