Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Registering Function Macros

If you save Personal.xls as an Add-in(*.xla) you will not be forced to add the
workbook reference to your formula.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 20:54:20 -0000, "Bob Phillips"
wrote:

Use

=Personal.xls!Soundex(A1)

--

HTH

RP

"DrShowMe" wrote in
message ...

I have a workbook that contains regular (Sub) macros and function
macros. Some of the function macros are used by the regular macros. I
moved ALL the macros into Personal.xls. After doing this, the regular
macros are available to all new and existing Workbooks. However, the
function macros are NOT. For example, I have a function macro that
creates a code (Soundex) that is used by genealogists. If I insert
"=soundex(A1)" into cell B1, B1 should contain the code for the
contents of cell A1. This works fine as long as I copy the function
into a VB module in the workbook in which I want to use it. However, I
want to be able to call this function (and many others) from any
workbook without copying all of them from Personal.xls into each
workbook.

Can someone give me a clue about how to do this.

TIA

--
DrShowMe