Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Toppers Toppers is offline

Default Converting A Quarterly Dataset to Weekly Dataset

Dan,

Try this:

Assume your quarterly data is A1:B4.

In (for example) d1, type 01/01/1947 (to use your year) and format as
date;in D2 downwards, type/copy down "=d1+7" until 31/12/1947 reached; this
will give weekly dates.

In E1 put "=indirect("B" & int((Month(D1)-1)/3)+1)" and copy this down to
last non-blank cell of column D. This should give weekly data corresponding
to the quarterly figures.

HTH

"Dan Thompson" wrote:

I have been trying to write a module in vba that will convert a dataset that
is quarterly data to a dataset that is a weekly data set, (as the data I have
is only available in quarterly data format) but I would like to cross plot it
against some different weekly data I have in a excel chart with a weekly date
basline.

Example...

My quarterly data set looks somthing like this.
YearQuarter Data
194701 100 <--Q1 Data
194702 50 <--Q2 Data
194703 200 <--Q3 Data
194704 1000 <--Q4 Data

This is what it should be after conversion macro is run.
1-Jan-47 100 <-Start of Q1 Data
8-Jan-47 100
15-Jan-47 100
22-Jan-47 100