Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Excel should let me clear cell contents without clearing formulas

You already have it.

Select the area you want to analyze and do

Edit=goto Special and select constants (add further restrictions if you
just want to clear numbers or just text or just text and numbers)

then do Edit clear contents.

Tom Ogilvy

"BJM" wrote in message
Excel allows you to clear cell contents but it also clears formulas. We
sometimes need to clear cells to produce mockup copies of financial
statements that need to be blank in order to enter new numbers from year

year. Too much time has to be spent in determing which cells have

formulas
(which we want to keep) and which do not. We need another option to
accomplish this. We use Microsoft Office Excel 2003.

this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...el.programming