Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter Rooney Peter Rooney is offline

Default Referencing a range within a workbook

Bob,

No, just a single cell...

The problem is, all my workbooks are based on the same workbook, using
SaveAs, so they all contain the same variable declarations - so, as soon as I
open the workbook to be consolidated, all the contents of my variables get
set back to empty!

Doh!

Cheers

Pete

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

That should work okay, it did with my names. Is TeamName a multi-cell range,
if so that may be the problem.

--

HTH

RP

"Peter Rooney" wrote in message
Good afternoon, all!

I have a workbook that uses a VBA routine to consolidate a number of other
workbooks into itself using the rough logic: open workbook to be

consolidated
- copy data - return to consolidating workbook - paste data - return to
consolidated workbook - close - repeat as necessary for multiple files.

I want to be able to run some code ONLY if the value of a particular cell

in
the Consolidator workbook doesn't equal a certain value.

The problem is I can't find the correct syntax to reference the range.
I have trapped the name of the consolidating workbook to a variable
"Consolidator WorkBookName" with ConsolidatorWorkBookName =

ThisWorkbook.Name
and want to say something like:

If

Workbooks(ConsolidatorWorkBookName).sheets("Databa se").Range("TeamName").For
mula < "Consolidating - please wait..." Then
ScreenReset
End If

but this gives me a "Type Mismatch"

Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong?

I've tried to create a concatenated string that includes double quotes at
the beginning and the end of the workbook name, and stripping the ".xls"

from
the end, but to no avail.

Thanks in advance

Pete