Dave Peterson

I just tried it again (I use xl2003) and when I hit that ctrl-click on the empty
cell, the number on the statusbar changed from 2 to -2 (it was negative all the
time).

Steve wrote:

Dave Peterson wrote:
If I highlight several numbers in a column, Excel will indicate the
sum. But it always shows that sum as a positive number, even if it's
actually negative. Is there any way to change this behavior?

If I selected my cells, then ctrl-clicked on an empty cell (general format),
then the statusbar showed the sum in general format.
Maybe you could try it as a workaround.

Sounds good, but I just tried it, and there was no change in the
status bar sum. Must be doing something wrong...

--

Dave Peterson