Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default VLookup Problem

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 12:28:05 -0800, "DA@PD"
wrote:

Hello again experts...
I just realized that the VLookup command that I've been using to scrub a
parts list of a new warehouse we acquired against our existing warehouses is
not working. I've been using the following formula

=VLOOKUP(NewParts!A2,'Whse345'!B$2:B$8106,1,FALSE )

A bulk of the parts that I'm scrubbing come in the format of #A####. And
for some reason, when I try to match one of these part numbers against the
list I already have, it gives me N/A#. The above formula is working fine for
all of the 7 number only part numbers, its just the part numbers that come in
the format of 1X3456.

Any Ideas????

Most likely the part ID in A2 is not exactly the same as any of the part ID's
in B2:b8106. Perhaps there are extra spaces or some non-printing characters in
one list or the other.

--ron