Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default How do I not print or count pages? Excel97

There isn't anyway to set the printarea to something that will indicate not
to print the worksheet. Perhaps you can just clear the page

Else
'ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = "$P$1:$Q$1"
Activesheet.Range("1:65536").Delete
Activesheet.usedrange
end if

then maybe Excel won't try to print it. (I don't know, haven't tested it in
this scenario).

Another approach would be to group the pages you actually want to print.

Tom Ogilvy

"Rookie 1st class" <Rookie1stClass@SpamThis wrote in message
Thanks for the reply Tom but I don't understand your answer.
If Range("AJ54") < "" Then
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = "$A$1:$AY$92"
ElseIf Range("S54") < "" Then
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = "$A$1:$AH$92"
Prints 6 or 4 pages (landscape) respectively. Then 2, 3, 2, and the final
ElseIf 1 page. that is GREAT.
Else
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = "$P$1:$Q$1"
Is what I need help with.
It prints 2 cells (empty, call me a tree hugger). What I need is a method

not include this page is total page count if Range("B15") = <. Since I'm

not
wasting paper I really don't care whether the page prints, but if it I

don't
think it can be excluded from the total page count if it prints.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Excel prints a rectanglar area. To get around that you would have to

print
each page on the sheet individually. an alternative would be to use

layout
sheets where you use formulas or code to place your data in the smallest
rectangular area and print that.

Tom Ogilvy

"Rookie 1st class" <Rookie1stClass@SpamThis wrote in message
This ALMOST works. I use File, Print, Entire workbook with a "Page of

Pages"
header. It contains a cover page and 4 survey sheets(temperatures)

with
zero
to 6 pages depending on survey time and number of thermocouples. How

do I
not
print unused sheets? How do I adjust "Pages" to not count sheets

without
an
entry in Range("B15")?
This prints blank pages for unused sheets and is 5 pages minimum.

Actually
2
pages (cover and 1 temperature with 12 T/Cs under 1 hr 16 min) is more

common.

Private Sub CommandButton2_Click()
Range("F9").Select
Selection = InputBox(Prompt:="[Type & Enter]" & Chr(13) & "The

row
number to the left of the Summary Start Time.", Title:="SUMMARY START

TIME",
Default:=Range("F9"))
Range("A15:AY92").Select
Selection.HorizontalAlignment = xlCenter
If Range("B15") < "" Then
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.RightHeader = "&""Arial

Narrow,Regular""&8Page
&P of &N"
Else
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.RightHeader = ""
End If
If Range("AJ54") < "" Then
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = "$A$1:$AY$92"
ElseIf Range("S54") < "" Then
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = "$A$1:$AH$92"
ElseIf Range("B54") < "" Then
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = "$A$1:$Q$92"
ElseIf Range("AJ15") < "" Then
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = "$A$1:$AY$53"
ElseIf Range("S15") < "" Then
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = "$A$1:$AH$53"
ElseIf Range("B15") < "" Then
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = "$A$1:$Q$53"
Else
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = "$P$1:$Q$1"
End If
n = Range("F9")
Cells(n, 1).Select
Selection.Name = "TUS4SmmryRw"
ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True,

Scenarios:=True
End Sub

Thanks in advance; Lou