Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ann ann is offline

Default Search files, confirm presence

I have a worksheet with account numbers in Column A and a description in
Column B.

I would like to search for each account number's presence in several files
in a folder on my hard drive. If the account number appears in any of the
files in that folder, I'd like to have "Yes" inserted into Column C. If not,
"No" should be inserted.

The files I am searching are all Excel files, located in the same folder,
have multiple sheets, and the data is not necessarily always in the same
place. My account number worksheet is in a separate folder.

I am using Excel 2003, I can insert and run VBA - just not good at writing it!

Thanks!
Ann