Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default formatted numbers to CSV problem

For now, I did what was needed by creating a simple text file with the
output.
doesn't really say that. For all I know, you typed it in by hand.

Also, if you read it into excel, it will treat that column as numbers and
you will again loose your leading zero.

You can rename it to text and use the file open command to open the text
import wizard an in the last frame, designate that column as text. If you
record a macro to do that, then rename it to csv, your settings will be
ignored.

Tom Ogilvy

"mark" wrote in message
which is basically what I mentioned that I already did.

thanks.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Roll your own. Here is a start at Chip Pearson's site:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/imptext.htm import/export text files