Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default formatted numbers to CSV problem

Roll your own. Here is a start at Chip Pearson's site:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/imptext.htm import/export text files

Tom Ogilvy

"mark" wrote in message
Hi.

There is a file that we want to export to a CSV file, but it is changing

the
format of things that look like numbers.

It should export some of the numbers in a 5 digit format... 01000 , 01001

,
etc.

We tried changing the cell format to text, and using the formula
=text(a1,"00000") and changing that to values...

Either way, in the .CSV file, it still came out as 1000 , 1001 .

For now, I did what was needed by creating a simple text file with the

output.

But, is there anyway to keep the leading 0 s on things that look like
numbers, in a CSV file?