Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ed Ed is offline

Default Faster way to do this?

I periodically extract data from report files to populate a worksheet.
Every week or so, I rerun this to create an updated workbook. It's starting
to get rather large - each update adds a few more new rows. My problem is
that the data in any row can change from the previous workbook.

I can check for changes by comparing the values of certain cells between the
workbooks. Right now, the method I'm thinking of would look like:
For Each cell in Book1ColA
Get Book1ColA Value
Get Book1ColA Row#
Find Book1ColA Value in Book2ColA
Get Book2ColA Row#
If Value Book1ColC Row# < Value Book2ColC Row# Then
MsgBox or something
End If
Next cell

Is there a faster way to accomplish this, versus iterating through every
cell in the column?

Ed