Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Don Guillett[_4_] Don Guillett[_4_] is offline

Default Launching macro externally

You can use a workbook_open event in the ThisWorkbook module to execute a
macro when the book is opened and you can have an icon on the desktop to
open that file.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"erikcw" wrote in
message ...

Hi all,

Sorry if this is a nowbie question, but I haven't been ablo to find an
answer...

I'd like to be able to execute a worksheet macro outside of excel.
Basically put an icon on the desktop that when launched will open the
spreadsheet and run the macro (I will probably ond up running the macro
from a batch file...)

So far the only way I've been able to launch a macro is to do so from
the Tools menu in excel.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

--
erikcw