Kassie

Hi

Cannot for the life of me understand why you would want to paste identical
data into so many sheets! 750 Rows and 20 Columns of identical data, and
that on 95 sheets. why?
--
ve_2nd_at. Randburg, Gauteng, South Africa

"Paul987" wrote:

I have a workbook which creates and inserts additional sheets, based on
a list of items located elsewhere. The number is items in the list
varies, but I would like the workbook to handle as many as possible.
Then, the macro pastes identical info onto each of the newly created
sheets. On each sheet then, there is about 750 rows and 20 columns of
data. The macro is designed to create, then paste, then create...

The problem I have, is that after around 75 sheets, the workbook slams
to a halt during the sheet creation process. I have found it seems
faster to select and paste entire columns, versus ranges of data,
although the ranges are smaller.

Can anyone suggest any methods or changes I could make to speed this
process up?

It also seems as though Excel doesn't always reset the worksheet count
if I delete the sheets and start over. For instance, if it creates 95
sheets and I delete them, the next time it starts creating them, it may
beging numbering them at 96.

Thanks for the help, sorry for the novel.

--
Paul987
Paul987's Profile: