Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CLR CLR is offline

Default Open Sheet, Run Macro, Extract data

Thanks Jezebel............I see you included a piece about sending the data
I wished to capture to the ReportSheet.........but it's not clear to me
where I should meld that part in.........I guess I did not make it clear in
my first post, the situation is such that when I open a sheet and run the
macro, it sets up the data on the sheet with certain values, those two B2
and C6 I wish to capture AT THAT POINT and send to the ReportSheet, right
then because as I switch off each sheet another macro fires which will cause
the values in those two cells to change, and THOSE values, I do not
want..........a little more clarification as to how to work this in to the
code would be appreciated..........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Jezebel" wrote in message
Dim pIndex as long
Dim pSheet as Excel.Worksheet

For pIndex = 1 to 38

Select case pIndex
Case 1
set pSheet = ActiveBook.Worksheets("sheetname 1")
[macro for sheet 1]

Case 2

end select

ActiveBook.Worksheets("ReportSheet").Cells(pIndex, 1) =

pSheet.Cells(2,2)
ActiveBook.Worksheets("ReportSheet").Cells(pIndex, 2) =

pSheet.Cells(6,3)

Next

"CLR" wrote in message
Hi All.............

If someone would be so kind, I have great need. I have a XL97 workbook
with
38 hidden sheets. I would like to open each sheet by name, one by one,
run a
macro unique to that sheet, (avg time = 2 minutes), and then extract the
values in cells B2 and C6 (after the macro has run as the data will
change)
to a "ReportSheet" in columns A and B, then on to the next sheet, etc

etc.
Any assistance or direction would be greatly appreciated.

TIA
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3