Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Sandy Sandy is offline

Default Multipage control question

Hi Leath -

Thank you for responding! Now for my next question - what about "nesting"
MultiPage controls?

My problem is I have a spreadsheet that is designed like this:
A B C D E F G
H I
1 Text1 Text2 Text3 Text4 Text5 Text6 Text7 Text8 Text9
2 - Text10 Text11 Text12 Text13 Text14 Text15 Text16 Text17

3 - - Text18 Text19 Text20 Text21 Text22 Text23
Text24
4 - - - Text25 Text26 Text27 Text28 Text29
Text30
5 - - - - Text31 Text32 Text33
Text34 Text35
6 - - - - - -
Text36 Text37 Text38
7 Text39 Text40 Etc.

[The hyphen "-" stands for blank]
When I set up a form with textboxes, the textboxes with the dash in them are
blank, making it virtually impossible for a user to know where on the
spreadsheet they are. I was thinking if I could nest MultiPage controls
somehow I may be able to overcome this obstacle. If they can be nested, is
there a limit to how many can be nested?

I tried using Access, but it got ridiculous with all of the subforms.

ANY help at all will be greatly apreciated!
--
Sandy

"Leith Ross" wrote:

Hello Sandy,

The Control Toolbox MultiPage control is quite versatile. Each pages
acts like a separate window. The controls on a Page are displayed only
when that Page is selected. The other nice feature is the values of the
controls are not lost when you switch Pages.

This is an ideal control to guide users by dividing your program tasks
into groups. Your program will be more user friendly by eliminating
window clutter and help speed up data entry and retrieval.

The MultiPage control can hold any control that is in the Control
toolBox. It's easy to format. You simply drag and drop a control on to
the Page, like you would with the UserForm. You can add pictures to the
background of each page if you want or simply change the background
color for more effect. The tabs can be positioned on Top (default) on
the Left, Right, or Bottom of the Control. If you have many Pages
(tabs) you can also display them in multiple rows.

Sincerely.
Leith Ross

--
Leith Ross