Posted to microsoft.public.access,microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.word.vba
Jay Petrulis[_2_] Jay Petrulis[_2_] is offline

Default PLEASE READ IF YOU PROGRAM: Help Continue Visual Basic

wrote:
http://www.ma.utexas.edu/mpej/Vol/1/...inear/minverse

i'd translate this from java into vb or TSQL. and then use it in a
database? i'd keep the function in one place and it would be hella easy
to use.

technically how would i do this?

i'd take my handy-dandy MSDE install (free with windows basically) and
make a UDF that did this.
then i could take my precious little function and use it whenever i
wanted; and my friends could share it with me.

you see-- databases are designed for multiple users.
your gay-ass spreadsheet program can't even handle a single power user.

'--- snip code ---

OK, you found a link to a matrix inverse function. And the
determinant?

How about the specifics? In the Excel newsgroups (possibly in the
Access newsgroups as well), complete step-by-step solutions are
sometimes given. Please do so for me, if you will.

Set me up from start to finish, please. Granted, that request is more
than is normally required and/or offered, but all you have really done
is given the general outline (again), only this time you added some
code you found. Not enough specifics.

Pretend I just stepped off the Excel boat and onto the promised land.
Convert me to your database-is-everything crusade. I'm still
impressionable, unlike that Excel goon Harlan. :)