Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Use variable as email reipient names

No criticism of quartz intended, but
Just for information, none of those suggestions will work. If the cells
contain valid email addresses, then building the array as I have shown
should get the job done. (with a correct argument for returnreceipt or
omit it).

Tom Ogilvy

"quartz" wrote in message

I'm not an ace on this but just a couple things I noticed:

What you are copying your data to is a string not an array, and also,

aren't
different recipients separated by a semicolon rather than a comma (or will
either work?).

Try changing:
ActiveWorkbook.SendMail Array(strRecipients), "Just a Test", "Testing Code

To this:
ActiveWorkbook.SendMail strRecipients, "Just a Test", "Testing Code

If it still fails try changing:
strRecipients = strRecipients & """, """ & Sheets("Email
Recipients").Range("A" & varCurRow).Value

To This (comma to semicolon):
strRecipients = strRecipients & """; """ & Sheets("Email
Recipients").Range("A" & varCurRow).Value

Hope this may help.

"Mr B" wrote:

I am attempting to read a list of email addresses into a variable and

then
use that variable in the SendMail function. If I use hard coded email
addresses all is fine, but when I try to store the names in the variable

and
use the variable it errors out.

Here is my code:
Dim strRecipients As String
'other variables defined
While varCurRow < varLastRow + 1
'read the list of email recipients
Sheets("Email Recipients").Range("A" & varCurRow).Select
If strRecipients = "" Then
strRecipients = "'" & Sheets("Email Recipients").Range("A" &
varCurRow).Value
'strRecipients = """ & range.("A3").Value & """
Else
strRecipients = strRecipients & """, """ & Sheets("Email
Recipients").Range("A" & varCurRow).Value
End If
varCurRow = varCurRow + 1
'cntr = cntr + 1
Wend
ActiveWorkbook.SendMail Array(strRecipients), "Just a Test", "Testing

Code
Only"

Any help is appreciated.

Mr B