Posted to microsoft.public.access,microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.word.vba
Harlan Grove Harlan Grove is offline

Default PLEASE READ IF YOU PROGRAM: Help Continue Visual Basic

wrote...
just because there's more people doing it; it doesn't mean it's the
right thing to do.

But the number of users seems to be your primary reason for claiming
VB/VBA/VBS is the best programming language. Why not try some logical
consistency for a change?

do you really believe that the sheer count of people has anything to do
with what people should learn?

Obviously. If most people are writing code in javascript, then the most
legacy code would be in javascript, no? Most code maintenance, in the
short term at least, would require some familiarity with javascript,
no?

Then again, why expect rationality from you? You'd no doubt advocate
ignoring any prior investment in code in other languages, so write all
apps from scratch in VBS.

This doesn't mean that javascript (or COBOL 30 years ago) was the best
language. Unlike you, I haven't made the argument that X is good
because so many people use it. It does seem many people find BASIC's
verbosity comforting relative to the terseness of C and its
descendants. Myself, I use BASIC only because there's no alternative in
some cases.

you can't crunch numbers better than i can

If only you could demonstrate that you know how to do any number
crunching.

How would you identify statistically significant seasonality in sales
data for a given product?