RagDyer

I don't understand why you wouldn't want to more or less have the "best of
both worlds", where you can have YOUR "easy to see red", and still follow
convention, and include the minus and/or parenthesis.

RD

"Steve" wrote in message
"Ken Wright" wrote:
One reason I like to use plain red is that it makes the numbers easier
to read, without the parentheses. A second-best option would be red
with a negative sign. But that doesn't appear to be possible...

Personally I would never do that. I work in finance and can just imagine
the havoc that would cause when people print out in black and white, as
tables would appear not to add up etc because you wouldn't see the red.

Good point. But I have no need to print the spreadsheets, and it
makes for easier screen viewing.