Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
impslayer impslayer is offline

Default Percentage difference between numbers in 2 cells

Peter Rooney skrev:

Hi, Birger,

I see where you're coming from, but I've never been able to use formulae in
conditional formatting - I don't understand how you set the relative formula
to say ("if the cell above is...")

Typical, I can do it in VBA, but normal Excel - something wrong there, I
think..! :-)

Pete

Pete,

I actually just did a quick test to see if it worked, and it indeed
seemed to work :)

Normally the formula is like "=$A$1*0,95", but you can remove the "$"s
to make it a relative reference which seems to work perfectly even when
adding the additional formatting to several cells (starting from A2,
which will make the above (but relative) formula mean 'the row
before')!

Best regards,

/impslayer, aka Birger Johansson