Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter Rooney Peter Rooney is offline

Default Percentage difference between numbers in 2 cells

Hi, Birger,

I see where you're coming from, but I've never been able to use formulae in
conditional formatting - I don't understand how you set the relative formula
to say ("if the cell above is...")

Typical, I can do it in VBA, but normal Excel - something wrong there, I
think..! :-)

Pete

"impslayer" wrote:

Rajagopal wrote

Hi,

I have an excel sheet where I need to mark the rows in red colour if
the value in the current row is + or - 5% the previous row. Please suggest me
How I can do it.

Regards,
Rajagopal

What about conditional formatting? That would be pretty straight
forward, using something like "=$A1*0,95" as the condition for the
lower bound if you start your values on the first row in the first
column. Just select all the rows you want it to work on (row 2 and
down)...

Depending on exactly what you want you can use 'between' adding a
"=$A1*1,05", or adding the "=$A1*1,05" as an additional condition.
(Using ',' as decimal separator, might be '.' for you.)

/impslayer, aka Birger Johansson