Earl Kiosterud

Jon,

Using color is great. But there just aren't tools to act on it. Take a look
at "Formatting as data" at http://smokeylake.com/excel/excel_truths.htm.
You might see it'll be a good idea to get away from using color directly.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

"spanishjon" wrote
in message ...

*I have created a table full of numbers ranging several rows and columns
(eg A1:A10), I would like to add up in an adjacent cell all those
numbers that I have highlighted in yellow (i.e. whose cell I have
changed the background to yellow). Ideally, I would like to be able to
change which of these numbers is highlighted and the adjacent cell to
change its sum respectively.
I am an intermediate in Excel and beginner in VBA so please go slow :)
I would appreciate any ideas. Thank you!!* ;)

--
spanishjon
spanishjon's Profile: