Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Norman Jones Norman Jones is offline

Default LAddress of last cell in worksheet

Hi Jim.

To find the last populated row and the last populated column, try the
following functions:

'=================
Public Function LastRow(sh As Worksheet)
On Error Resume Next
LastRow = sh.Cells.Find(What:="*", _
After:=sh.Range("A1"), _
Lookat:=xlPart, _
LookIn:=xlFormulas, _
SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _
SearchDirection:=xlPrevious, _
MatchCase:=False).Row
On Error GoTo 0
End Function

'-----------------

Function Lastcol(sh As Worksheet)
On Error Resume Next
Lastcol = sh.Cells.Find(What:="*", _
After:=sh.Range("A1"), _
Lookat:=xlPart, _
LookIn:=xlFormulas, _
SearchOrder:=xlByColumns, _
SearchDirection:=xlPrevious, _
MatchCase:=False).Column
On Error GoTo 0
End Function
'<<=================

Whether the cell with the largest column value or the cell with the largest
row value should be deemed as the last cell is for you to decide.

---
Regards,
Norman

"Jim" wrote in message
I need to know the address of the last cell (non-empty) on my worksheet. I
see that .Rows.Count and .Columns.Count seem to show only the max
size. "Last" is defined as a non-empty cell with the largest row and
column address.

thanks