Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Pal Pal is offline

Default Single Space in PRN

Thanks for the excellent resources, Dave. I see that I'll have to write
the file line-by-line. Not a problem, thanks again for the trick.

Dave Peterson wrote:
If your macro saves the file as .prn (space delimited), then you'll have to do
more.

You can try looking at the way others do it:

Earl Kiosterud's Text Write program:
www.smokeylake.com/excel
(or directly: http://www.smokeylake.com/excel/text_write_program.htm)

Chip Pearson's:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/imptext.htm

J.E. McGimpsey's:
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/textfiles.html

Pal wrote:

Hi,

I've written a macro (Excel 2003) to reformat an input file. It's all
going well but the output must be in a space delimited format with only
a SINGLE space between the 2 columns. The problem is that Excel insists
on putting in 5 spaces.

Is there a way to trim the extra spaces down to 1?

Cheers,

--

Dave Peterson