Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
derrida derider derrida derider is offline

Default Multiple For/Next

Just replace 'ActiveCell' with 'Selection', thus:

With Selection
.Numberformat="General"
.Value= "Whatever"
End With

and it will do it for the whole selected area at once. alternatively, if
you don't want to have to select the area of interest first, just specify it
a range ie replace 'Selection' with 'Range("C2:Q16")'.

"Jos Vens" wrote:

Hi,

you can combine 2 for-loops

for i=1 to 10
for j=1 to 10
cells(i,j).numberformat = "General"
cells(i,j).value = "whatever"
next
next

i = rows
j = columns

Greetings
Jos Vens

"Ramthebuffs"
schreef in bericht

I'm trying to run the following code for each cell in range C2:Q16

ActiveCell.NumberFormat = "General"
ActiveCell.Value = ActiveCell.Value

I've put this as a loop, but would like to run it for rows C to Q
without having to put in Range("c" & I)...Range("d" & I)....ect

For I = 2 To 16
Range("C" & I).Select
ActiveCell.NumberFormat = "General"
ActiveCell.Value = ActiveCell.Value
next

I tried Range(& X & I).select, but it doesn't work. Where x = c to Q

There is probably a way to select a range C2:Q16 and then convert. Can
anyone help? I'd also like to know how to use two "For" statements in
combination, just for future reference.

Thanks guys

--
Ramthebuffs