Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Richard Buttrey Richard Buttrey is offline

Default Excell macros(need help)

Hi,

If your data is consistent, i.e. is always grouped over 3, 4, or
whatever rows, you don't necessarily need a macro.

With your data listed starting in A10, enter the following.

B10 =INDIRECT("A"&(ROW()-ROW(A9))*3+10)
C10 =INDIRECT("A"&(ROW()-ROW(A9))*3+11)
D10 =INDIRECT("A"&(ROW()-ROW(A9))*3+12)

Then copy down for as many rows as you have groups. i.e if your data
consists of 100 groups over 300 rows, copy down for 100 rows.

If the data consists of 4 rows per record, just add a new formula in
E10 along the lines of the ones above.

HTH

On Mon, 7 Nov 2005 14:26:20 -0800, "R.Shope" wrote:

From this:
John Smith
650 West Avenue
phoenix , AZ 33839

To look like this: John Smith 650 West Avenue phoenix , AZ 33839

"Gary L Brown" wrote:

If you highlihgt the column that you want to format, you can then apply a
format enmasse.
HTH,
--
Gary Brown

If this post was helpful, please click the ''''Yes'''' button next to
''''Was this Post Helpfull to you?".

"R.Shope" wrote:

I'm trying to format labels to spredsheets. Somethimes i need to format
10,000 names and address and i need to do it fast. I would like some help
with this, I'm somewhat new at macros. So if you can help just email me or
post something.

Thanks,
Robert Shope

__