Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DevInstinct DevInstinct is offline

Default Excel, Microsoft Jet and OLE-DB

I could use Excel on the server, but Microsoft doesn't recommend it.
Using OLE-DB allows me not to make any COM calls. It doesn't requires
Excel to be on the server either. That's _really_ cool! I append data
to an already existing document, so I don't need to create the file,
just make a copy of the original file, modify it, ship it.

But then, the perfs with the Oracle ODBC are my problem in the topic
above.
I did tried ADODB and CopyFromRecordset from the COM component. Perfs
are bad too (compared to same request using SQL Server).

Martin