Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Stereolab Stereolab is offline

Default Macro to compare cell contents and make calculations

Hello,

I'm trying to write a macro that will downcount inventory on an Exce
spreadsheet as long as the part number value has not changed.

My logic is as follows:

If (Part current) = (Part previous), then Stock (current row) = Stoc
(previous row) - Qty (previous row)

I tried to code this in VB as follows:

If Cells(-1, -3) = Cells(0, -3) Then Cells(0, 6) = Cells(-1, 6) - Cell
(-1, 1)

This doesn't work, and I am not sure why. I have played around wit
parentheses, added ".Value", and anything else I thought might work
Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

--
Stereola