Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Geographer Geographer is offline

Default Using automation to add xy scatter chart

Hi Excel:

I am using a simple macro in Access to create an XY scatter chart in Excel.
It exports out information in a query, puts it in Excel and makes an XY
scatter chart. The problem is that it only charts one axis. When I go into
'Chart Source' in Excel and look at the 'Series' it is only using the Y axis.
But I want it to utilize both columns D and E to symbolize the relationship
between the acres and the price per acre in my data. Any help you can give me
would be greatly appreciated. My code is enclosed.
TIA

Public Function ExportPrice_Acre()

Dim appExcel As Excel.Application
Dim wkbCurr As Excel.Workbook
Dim wksCurr As Excel.Worksheet
Dim chrNew As Excel.Chart

Dim rs As New ADODB.Recordset
Dim lngRows As Long

Set appExcel = New Excel.Application
Set wkbCurr = appExcel.Workbooks.Add
Set wksCurr = wkbCurr.Activesheet
Set chrtnew = appExcel.charts.Add

rs.Open "qryPrice_Acre", CurrentProject.Connection
wksCurr.Name = "Price_Acre"
lngRows = wksCurr.range("a2").copyfromrecordset(rs)
chrtnew.chartwizard wksCurr.range("D2", "E" & lngRows + 1),
gallery:=xlXYScatter, _
HasLegend:=True, Title:="Price per Acre in Cleveland"

appExcel.Visible = True
End Function